How to access Operation Nightwatch shelter program
Each night, Operation Nightwatch has a limited number of shelter spots available to our guests. There is no guarantee that shelter will be available on any given night. Due to the pandemic, shelter availability for new guests is highly unlikely. However, to-go food will be available every night at 9 pm.
Our homeless guests are encouraged to “travel light.” There is no room at any Nightwatch shelters to store belongings.
Nightwatch opens at 9:00 pm at night. We ask our guests to arrive at 9:00 pm or later. We do not allow a line to form prior to 9:00 pm, as a courtesy to our neighbors.
Our Shelter Dispatch Center location:
The building is served by a number of Metro routes (depending on how far you care to walk) and by the streetcar line which connects Pioneer Square with Broadway and First Hill.
- Route 14: On Jackson, one block south.
- Route 7: 12th Ave S. and S. Jackson, three blocks away.
- Route 27: 14th Ave. and Yesler, three blocks to the north.
- Route 36: 12th Ave. S. and S. Jackson, three blocks away.
- Street Car: Stops on 14th Ave S, just a block north of the building.